Minute by minute 'Formative Assessments' These are some examples I used with my students from 'Learning in the fast lane' by S. Pepper Rollins. According to Pepper Rollins (2014) it's to administer frequent ungraded assessments for formative purposes that focus on helping students learn rather than measure what they already learned (or didn't learn). I agree with this statement as with these rich formative assessments students are able to identify their next learning steps, teachers can provide good feedback and feedforward to steer their students in the right direction, and students feel more confident to perform an activity or task knowing what they've achieved so far and what they still need to achieve. I did the 'stick it dot' formative assessment for speech writing and this gave me a clear indication to take a workshop of 'WALT expand our ideas.' From the workshop this gave the students more confidence and a clearer underst...
Acceleration is vital in order to see student achievement be successful. I like how the use of acceleration can better develop a learners understanding in particular learning areas of need. We are also plugging those gaps so that they too can become more successful.
ReplyDelete